Phone: 903/ 395-4400 ext. 232

©2018 by Delta County Justice of the Peace. Proudly created with


DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this section is Not purported to be all inclusive.This publication is a research tool and NOT the counsel of an attorney. This publication is NOT  a substitute for the advice of an attorney, you are strongly encouraged to consult the actual law, or consult with an attorney for answers.​

An Eviction case is a lawsuit brought to recover possession of real property, often by a landlord against a tenant. A claim for rent may be joined with an eviction case if the amount of rent due is unpaid is not more than $10,000, excluding statutory interest and court costs, but including attorney fees, if any. All Eviction suits must be filed in the Justice of the Peace precinct where the property is located. 

Procedures for Filing an Eviction for Non-Payment


                                            FORMS INCLUDED:

                                            Civil Case Information Sheet

                                            Eviction  Petition

                                            Service Member's Civil Relief Act Form

                              Notice to Vacate

                              Bond for Immediate Possession

                              Sworn Statement - Inability to Pay